Turkish Pide with Minced Beef or Lamb
- Baking Sheet
- 400 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 g instant yeast
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 300 g minced meat (beef or lamb)
- 2 onions
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 big tomato
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- Add flour and salt to a mixing bowl, now make a hole in the middle and add the yeast, sugar, yoghurt, ¼ of a liter lukewarm water and the vegetable oil to it. Slowly mix with a spoon to a slightly sticky dough.
- Place your dough on a floured work surface and knead until the dough is smooth. This will take you about 10 minutes. Cover your dough ball in vegetable oil, set in a mixing bowl and let rest until the size is doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the onion, paprika, parsley and tomato into very small pieces and place it in a mixing bowl with the minced meat, the spices and paprika paste. Mix it all well together and place in the fridge.
- Get you dough and cut in four pieces. Roll each piece in a long form of 0,5 cm thickness. Add your minced meat and add 1/4th of your mixture on each dough. Spread the meat equally on the dough but leave a border of 2 cm around the dough. Fold the corners over the meat mixture and brush it with the whisked egg and one tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Bake your Pides in sets of two for 25 minutes or until the edges are a nice golden brown.