Tarte au Soleil
- Food processor
- 3 handful fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 25 g pine nuts
- 120 ml olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 sheets store bought puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Roast your pine nuts in a pan until lightly browned. Add your basilikum, garlic, parmesan cheese and pine nuts to the food processor. Slowly pour in the olive oil until you have a creamy texture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Lie one puff pastry on a baking sheet and cut it in a big round circle. Add your homemade pesto evenly on the pastry and cover it with the second puff pastry cutted into a round shape as well.
- In the middle of the dough place a glass. Now cut in small lines around the glass to the edges. Twist two lines together and repeat until all lines are gone.
- Take the glass off and bake the pastry for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.