Homemade Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce
- Electric Mixer
- 900 g potatoes
- 65 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 handful fresh basil
- fresh parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the potatoes in cold water and with skin until they are nice and soft. Peel the potatoes and stamp them. Add in a bowl the potatoes, flour, salt and egg and mix well together.
- Transfer the mixture onto a floured surface and knead until you have a smooth dough. If the dough is too wet, add a small amount of flour.
- Remove a lemon sized piece of the dough and roll it with your hands to a long roll about 2 cm of size. Cut the roll in 2 cm squares and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Boil Gnocchi in cooking water until they swim on the surface.
- Cut your onion in small pieces and press your garlic. Add some olive or vegetable oil to your pan and fry the onions until they are nice and brown, now add your garlic and bake for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste and canned tomatoes.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, paprika powder and oregano.
- Grate the parmesan and serve with your Gnocchi and sauce.