Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kitchen Machine
- Measuring Cup
- 225 g flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 225 g butter
- 200 g medium brown bastard sugar
- 100 g white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 80 g semi sweet chocolate chips
- 140 g 70% dark chocolate
- First step is to cook the butter on medium heat for at least 5-7 minutes, or until the butter turns golden brown. It will foam a bit, but it will go down fast again. The milk solids will gather at the bottom of the pan and get nice and brown. I just love the smell of golden brown butter, it is the best! Now pour your butter in a measuring cup and let completely cool before the next step.
- Next get a big bowl and mix the white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, instant espresso powder well together.
- Get a hand held blender or kitchen machine and on low to medium speed slowly add the egg and egg yolk. Mix for 5 minutes until the dough becomes light brown and fluffy. Add the cold golden butter and keep mixing.
- In a separate bowl add flour, salt and baking soda. When well combined add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Cut the chocolate bars into small pieces and add the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks to your batter.
- When combined directly make small balls 4×4 cm big and put on a baking sheet with enough space in between, because they will widen.
- You can now bake them at 180 Degrees Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes. The corners should be light brown.
- Best is to let them completely cool on the baking sheet.