- Food processor
- Electric Mixer
- Pie Plate
- Kitchen Scale
- 170 g vanilla wafer cookies
- 50 shelled unsalted pistachios
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 100 g icing sugar
- 220 g mascarpone
- 225 g whole milk ricotta cheese
- 170 g heavy cream
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 handful chocolate chips
The Pie Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Place the cookies, pistachios (leave some for garnish) and sugar in your food processor and finely ground it on medium speed. Melt the butter in a pot and mix together with the crumbs.
- When combined add it to the pie plate and start pressing the ingredients up the sides of the plate to form the edges. Now work the crumbs down to the middle and create an evenly thickened pie crust.
- You can use a spoon or your hands for this. Bake the crust for 8 minutes or until slightly brown and let cool down.
- Whip the heavy cream with your whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour together the mascarpone and the sugar in a new bowl and mix with the electric mixer until smooth. Next add ricotta and orange zest and mix together. When combined add ⅓ of your whipped cream and gently fold it, be careful not to deflate it. Add remaining whipped cream carefully and fill the mixture on your pie crust, trying to make a smooth top.
- Place overnight in the fridge to stiffen up.
- Next day add some chocolate chips on the corner for decoration and enjoy with a freshly brewed coffee.